Requirements for Requesting Real Estate Sales
The deposit (for attorneys presenting property for sale) is $2,000.00. We will only accept law firm checks and cashier's checks. We reserve the right to request additional deposit monies.
The following is required for all new Real Estate Sale Packages:
IF YOU ARE E-FILING YOUR PAPERWORK WITH THE PROTHONOTARY YOU MUST PRINT THE FOLLOWING TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR SALE PACKAGE:
• Prothonotary issued Writ of Execution
• FILED copy of praecipe for Writ of Execution (must be time stamped by Prothonotary)
• FILED copy of the Affidavit 3129.1 (must be time stamped by the Prothonotary)
Real Estate Forms
- Tax Claim Lien Certificate Form - Submit two (2) copies. A seperate copy is required for each tax-coded parcel.
- Affidavit Pursuant to Rule 3129.1 - Original is filed in the Prothonotary Office. Submit one (1) copy with the Sheriff's Office.
- Notice of Sheriff's Sale of Real Property - Submit three (3) copies.
- Writ of Execution Notice - Submit three (3) copies.
- Legal Description - Submit ten (10) legible copies. Must include the Tax Code and PIN number.
- Sheriff Service Process Receipt - See instructions below. All highlighted fields must be completed.
An individual Sheriff Service Process Receipt is required for the following:
- One form (1) is required for posting the property.
- A seperate form is required for each tax-coded parcel.
- Include the tax code and PIN number along with the address of the property to be posted.
- One form (1) is needed for advertising.
- One form (1) is needed per individual to be served by the Sheriff.
- Please select only one service typer per form.
- Please provide a complete address.
- P.O Box addresses can only be used for mailing services.
- Copy of the mortgage in execution; plus all assignments of mortgages. A follow-up is required for any changes thereafter. All updates MUST be received no later than the week after sale.
- Deeding instructions including the full name and address of the party the property is to be conveyed to. A follow-up is required for any changes thereafter which MUST be received no later than the week after sale.
- Two (2) self-addressed stamped envelopes for return of service affidavits.
- Post Sale Requirement- - A Realty Transfer Tax Statement of Value will be required within one week after the sale. We need a signed original and one copy (front and back). PLEASE NOTE: When Deeds are ready for recording, if the property is being deeded to an entity other than the holder of the mortgage, a check for transfer tax must be payable to "Recorder of Deeds" and submitted to the Sheriff's Office also.